Basic 3 Class Teacher
• Motivating pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
• Maintaining discipline
• Working with others to plan and coordinate work;
• Working with parents to maximise their involvement in the school and the development of resources for the school;
• Keeping up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
• Organising and taking part in school events, outings and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
• Liaising with colleagues and working flexibly.
• Organising the classroom and learning resources and creating displays to encourage a positive learning environment;
• Planning, preparing and presenting lessons that cater for the needs of the whole ability range within their class;
• Meeting requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils’ development;
• Providing feedback to parents and carers on a pupil’s progress at parents’ evenings and other meetings;
• Taking responsibility for the progress of a class of primary-age pupils;
• Preparing and marking work to facilitate positive pupil development;
• Coordinating activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, and supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
• Bachelor’s degree in Education.
• Proficient knowledge of teaching strategies and methods.
• Proficient knowledge of applicable laws, policies and procedures.
• Proficient computer skills.
• Availability to work extended hours on occasions.
• Excellent people skills.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Outstanding organizational skills.
Kindly forward your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Applicants must be resident within Lekki.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org