Position Title: Credit Control Officer
Reports To: Head of Credit Control
Location: Head Office Victoria Island
• Prepare weekly and monthly reports on Budgeted collection.
• Updating of monthly stock count report.
• Responsible for ensuring all activities of Accounts Receivable functions are completed in a proper and timely manner.
• Prompt allocation of Payments to Invoices in ERP System
• Responsible for all activities relating to developing, collection of age receivables, investigating credit and recommending credit limits.
• Manage client billing and collection activities; follow-up inquiries, negotiation with past-due accounts, referring critical collection issue to management.
• Handle accounts reconciliation from identifying errors by applying appropriate accounting standards.
• Verification of credit limit and confirmation of client’s order to proceed with SO creation
• Ensure all files and documents are maintained accurately and thoroughly in accordance with company policy and acceptable accounting practices.
• Responsible for ensuring policies, procedures and internal control for debtors and Accounts Receivable processes are adequately designed and implemented.
• Manage bad debt write-offs to planned goal and ensure that collection strategy has been completed on those account processed for write-off.
• Responsible for the development, modification and review of credit & collection systems, reporting methods and controls.
• Review collection reports to ascertain status of collections and balances outstanding and to evaluate effectiveness of current collection policies and procedures.
• Audit delinquent accounts considered to be uncollectable to ensure maximum efforts have been taken before assigning bad debt status to account.
• Identify changes in payment patterns and propose actions to avert indebtedness.
• Submits delinquent accounts to attorney or outside agency for collection.
• Review debtors credit worthiness position and take appropriate actions.
• Establish and updates customers’ credit activities, follow up with clients on outstanding invoices on account.
• Prepare monthly Debtor status report and yearly doubtful debt and bad debt.
• Provide ad-hoc trade debtor positions reporting as and when requested by management.
• Liaise with sales department on issues affecting clients.
Requirements / Skills
• Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree qualification.
• 3 – 4 years of experience in credit control.
Salary: 150,000.00 Gross
Application Closing Date
30th September 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com