HEAD, FINANCIAL CONTROL RECRUITMENT
George Houston is currently seeking to recruit a well experienced and suitable Head, Financial control for her client a leading Microfinance Bank located in Lagos Island, Lagos.
JOB TITLE: Head, Financial Control
LOCATION: Island, Lagos
JOB TYPE: Full-time
• Contribute to the development of business strategy and ensure that all financial policies, procedures, and systems are sound
• Provide financial direction, planning, and accounting, covering short and long-term financial goals
• Manage treasury and investment to ensure optimal liquidity and negotiate/arrange external finance when required
• Monitor banking activities and ensure regular reconciliations of all banking transactions
• Develop strategies, budgets, forecasts, and data to guide management decisions by forecasting, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions
• Monitor financial performance by measuring and analyzing results; initiating corrective actions and minimizing the impact of variances
• Ensure the integrity of financial management and accounting systems
• Oversee the activities of external auditors, CBN, and NDIC examiners and ensure 100% compliance with set guidelines
• Manage relationships with regulatory and statutory bodies, i.e. LIRS, FIRS, etc.
• Ensure adequate insurance cover on all operational activities
• Ensure adequate controls are installed and maintained to cover all financial transactions, including safeguarding financial assets.
• Perform performance management functions towards the achievement of budget
• Oversee any outsourced accounting functions
• Ensure that financial reports comply with the International Financial reporting standard (IFRS) and constantly keeping abreast of developments in the space
• Authorize expenditure/ transactions in line with the bank’s approval limits
• Flexibility to carry out any other task as requested by Management
• BSC in accounting, banking and finance, Economics or any other related courses from a recognized institute.
• 5-10years experience in a similar role at a financial institution
• MICPS will be an added advantage
• Must be Chartered (ICAN)
• Knowledge of Financial management systems, accounting policies, and standards, tax management cost accounting, etc.
• Treasury and investment management experience
• Knowledge of the Microfinance banking framework
• Evidence of completion of Microfinance Certification program
• Strong presentation and financial modeling skills
• Strong budget and management skills, including project management skills
• Ability to handle tight timelines, multiple priorities, in a fast-paced environment
• degree of professionalism, maturity, and confidentiality
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong Leadership, interpersonal, and people management skills
• Strong negotiation skills
SALARY: very attractive
Interested candidates should send CV’s to:email@example.com using “Head, Financial Control” as subject of the mail.
Application closes on 15th June 2022
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org