VACANCY – Plant HR Manager (Lagos)
A major manufacturing firm that is into the production of raw materials and inputs in the food and beverage industry in Nigeria is in need of a Plant HR Manager at its Plant in Lagos.
Do find more details of the position below:
Job Title: Plant HR Manager
Location: Mainland, Lagos
Reports to: Managing Director
The Plant HR Manager will be responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in the organization. The position involves formulating partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflects the business objectives of the organization. The Plant HR Manager will maintain an effective level of business literacy about the organisation’s financial position, its midrange plans, its culture and its competition.
• Implement leadership development modules for the organisation to ensure capable leaders are available.
• Champion training and induction for new HR operations team members and role changes, identify training needs, develop training plans, and coordinate training and induction activities.
• Ensure that all team members understand their roles and responsibilities and are performance managed accordingly.
• Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with the legal department as needed/required.
• Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation in accordance with Labour Laws.
• Lead HR Operations services: on-boarding, off boarding, employee and HR life cycle, ensuring timely and accurate delivery of all services such as headcount analysis and dashboard.
• Ensure all employee benefits are administered efficiently and in accordance with the relevant policies.
• Coordinate with functional partners (HR of sister companies and stakeholders) and third party suppliers to deliver on local benefits and other HR projects.
• In partnership with the Payroll Manager, ensure that payroll is processed in an accurate and timely manner.
• Maintain document management/retention standards and practices, inclusive of personnel files as per organization’s policies and country legislation.
• Ensure a continuous improvement service culture, proactively identifying processes for improvement and driving change with a view to responding to business requirements and supporting business growth. Work closely with cross-functional teams to implement effective solutions.
• Monitor operational performance metrics, identify and act on any trends or problems to maintain and improve performance levels for assigned process.
• Aligning staff to business objectives.
• Resolving complex employee engagement matters.
• Initiates and implement approved activities to drive employee satisfaction.
• Implement talent management strategies, systems, processes and programs to ensure the organisation has the capabilities needed to execute against its businesses and growth strategies.
• Design and deploy overall talent and pipeline build strategy that is linked to the organisation business strategy and HR strategy.
• Drive talent identification and review process for the organisation to provide a structure for ongoing management of key talent, embedding a “talent lifecycle” culture into the organisation and ensure proper development of talents for high level retention.
• Facilitate and lead succession planning process, including calibrations, and the identification of capability strengths and gaps required to deliver on the organisation’s business strategy.
• Serve as a strategic advisor, functional expert and coach to management and executive team regarding key talent acquisition strategies and issues.
• Interface directly with HODs for robust talent planning requirements and operational reviews.
• Develop comprehensive strategic recruiting and retention plans to meet the organisation’s human capital needs; provide leadership and guidance around talent acquisition.
• Coordinate Performance Management process, monitor PM cycle in line with communicated timelines, and collate PM ratings for actions
• Must be a B.Sc or HND Holder (M.Sc or MBA will be an added advantage)
• Professional qualification, such as CIPM, SHRM or CIPD, is essential.
• Minimum of 10 – 15 years experience in the manufacturing industry.
• Has strong Communications Skills.
• Excellent People Management Skills.
• Good Interpersonal and Social Skills.
• Very good knowledge of HR Policies.
• Should also have HR Generalist Experience.
• A result orientated person.
• Ready to always take ownership on the job.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Qualified HR professionals with experience in the manufacturing industry should send their CVs to email@example.com with the subject Plant HR Manager.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org