Job Title: Laboratory Manager
Location: Ikeja, Lagos State
Person Specification: (Nigerian or Expatriate)
• Maintains manual and automated laboratory equipment performance by establishing quality standards, developing operations, quality, and troubleshooting procedures.
• Ensuring full compliance by staff with quality standards in equipment management and instrument performance certification while arranging equipment replacement, service, and repair in line with the quality manual
• Supervises the activities of Chemical laboratory Analyst, Microbiologist, Quality Officer & Laboratory Sales Executive.
• Ensures all results generated in the Laboratory are reliable, consistent, and accurate.
• Liaise with accreditation bodies and ensures laboratory certification with IPAN, ISO, etc.
• Write, maintain, and updates the quality management system and ensure its implementation in the laboratory for Internal Audit or Third-party suppliers Audit.
• Reviews and approves certificate of analysis on laboratory activities.
• Periodically reviews analytical worksheet of Laboratory staff.
• Supervision and approval of the inventory management system of the laboratory.
• Periodic review of the quality management system for improvement in methods and technical procedures.
• Ensure that the training and retraining of all laboratory staff for full technical knowledge of the laboratory.
• Updates Management on all matters relating to quality activities.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Pure and Applied Chemistry or in related field
• At least 5-7 years’ experience in Public Laboratory Management
• IPAN certification, and other professional bodies is an added advantage.
• Sound technical knowledge of automated laboratory equipment for performing various analysis.
• Supervision and Leadership
• Good Networking ability
• Speed and accuracy
• Good experience of managing public Laboratories.
• Good Listening and Communication ability.
• High level of confidentiality
• Managing conflicting priorities
• Creative problem solving
• Managing Budgets
• Ability to coordinate the team.
• Ability to take decisions.
Apply to: email@example.com using Job Title as subject of the mail.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org