Media Relations Vacancy
● A good knowledge of the Nigerian media space as it relates to public relations
● Cultivate relationships with local and international media professionals.
● Willing to share a writing portfolio.
● Responsible for overseeing all communications to the media including preparation of
feature articles, Opinion Editorials, speeches and press releases, press kits, and long
form articles .
● Develop written materials including press releases, Q&A, media standby statements on
brand and corporate issues as required.
● Build relationships with key media contacts and identify opportunities to proactively pitch
brand and corporate stories through social media outlets as appropriate.
● Develop and implement media plans
2-3 years experience in media relations
A degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or related fields.
Previous experience handling Nigerian media practitioners
Ability to network well in the industry.
Highly organized with the ability to multitask.
Must possess strong project management skills.
Must possess excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills with strong writing
and editorial abilities.
Qualified applicants should email their resumes and writing portfolio to
email@example.com using media relation officer as the subject of the email.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org