Overall Purpose of the Job
• The Diagnostic Medical Sonologist is responsible for performing sonograms for diagnostic purposes. To follow established sonogram requirements and regulations to ensure patient care and safety.
Roles & Responsibilities
• Prepare exam room and ultrasound equipment to conduct sonography examinations such as abdomino-pelvic scan, obstetric scan, transvaginal ultrasound, etc, following established radiologic requirements and regulations to ensure patient care and safety.
• Use proper patient positioning tools, devices, equipment adjustment, and ergonomically correct scanning techniques to ensure patient comfort and safety.
• Conduct patient clinical assessment and perform the diagnostic medical sonography examination ordered by the supervising physician in accordance with professional and the hospital’s protocols.
• Communicate ultrasound procedures with the patient in a manner appropriate to the patient’s ability to understand.
• Apply independent judgment during the sonography examination to ensure that appropriate anatomical, pathological, and clinical conditions are accurately captured in the examination images.
• Document any incidental findings that might impact patient safety or patient care and provide that information to the interpreting physician.
• Perform duties such as completing necessary forms, labeling films and film envelopes and maintaining procedure logs.
• Perform quality control procedures to ensure that the ultrasound equipment operates at optimal levels.
• Ensure that the sonography examination results meet the hospital’s standard for Quality Assurance before findings are released for interpretation and improving radiographic quality assurance standards through adherence to government regulatory requirements and guidelines relating to professional practice.
• Assist in carrying out Quality Assurance protocols and Quality Improvement measures within the hospital.
• Promote a team-oriented, service-conscious and safe environment for both patients and staff.
Qualification and Experience
• Must possess either an MBBS Degree or B.Sc. in Radiography or DCR/DIR in Radiography with practical knowledge of ultrasound/sonology procedures.
• Work experience: At least 2 years post-qualification experience and must be computer literate.
• Registration with the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria (MDCN)/ Radiographers Registration Board of Nigeria (RRBN) with current practicing license.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and use of sonography equipment.
Kindly submit your resume to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org