Job Role: Workshop Manager
Reporting Manager: Head of Operations
Job Location: Alagomeji, Yaba, Lagos
Job Type: Full-time
Mecho Autotech is a tech-enabled automobile technician’s aggregator, designed to provide end to end automobile maintenance services to business and individuals. Using technology, we seek to provide a seamless maintenance and repair solutions for vehicle owners across Africa.
The Role holder should be able to contribute to the efficiency of the business by providing effective and satisfactory assistance to the Operations team.
• Co-ordinate the activities of the workshop to ensure efficient operations.
• Manage and supervise automotive personnel/technicians to ensure the services meet the standards of quality set by Mecho Autotech Limited in order to achieve customer satisfaction.
A typical day on the job will involve;
• Maintain and manage a daily record of repairs and services of vehicles undertaken and completed.
• Responsible for job allocation and job flow in the workshop including job scheduling and labour allocation for day-to-day operations.
• Manage inward Auto parts, check the quantities and process invoice/receipts.
• Regularly report progress on each job and quickly communicate delays or concerns with the Head of operations
• Work with the Head of operations to respond to clients’ requests for updates on the status of their jobs and keep the communication channels open to ensure accurate information.
• Ensure adequate maintenance of tools, equipment and other materials in the service area.
• Identify technicians that require on-going training and implement training opportunities to ensure their skills are improved.
• Provide feedback to staff that are not performing to the expected level and ensure the human resources department is informed about trends in performance.
• Promote a Healthy and safety culture within the Business.
• Review client’s service orders and inspect the quality of technicians’ repairs before the release of vehicles
• Review work orders to ensure that all actions have been documented according to service workshop policies and procedures.
• Oversee post-repair services such as test-driving, vehicle delivery and other services as may be required.
• Oversee the inspection of vehicles before and after repairs in order to identify faulty components and ensure complete fixing.
• Monitor and follow up on Auto-part orders with the parts Manager to ensure availability.
• Minimum of HND or its equivalent in Mechanical/Automotive or related field.
• 5-7 years Proven experience as a workshop Manager.
• Relevant certification is an added advantage.
• Analytical and good people management skills.
• Extensive knowledge of Mechanical issues, vehicle inspection and general repairs.
• Excellent written and Communication skills.
• Strong demonstrated use of Microsoft packages.
• Ability to advise customers on the required job in a timely and professional manner.
• Experience in start-ups is a strong plus.
Suitable Candidates should send CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com